Simple term query problem


(Jack Markarian) #1

I have a very simple test case represented here: http://pastie.org/4600683

I am having trouble understanding why the second and third query is not
returning the document I have indexed the same way the first query returns
the document. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Note that the first curl statement creates the index (which means I'm using
the dynamic mapping functionality.. I can't use a static mapping
file, unfortunately).

--


(Shaun Etherton) #2

Hi,
I'm very new to ES but have a couple of questions.

Can we see the mapping you used?

What happens if you search using lowercase?

cheers

--
shaun etherton
0433 143 761

On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 11:04 AM, jackM wrote:

I have a very simple test case represented here: http://pastie.org/4600683

I am having trouble understanding why the second and third query is not returning the document I have indexed the same way the first query returns the document. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Note that the first curl statement creates the index (which means I'm using the dynamic mapping functionality.. I can't use a static mapping file, unfortunately).

--

--


(Jack Markarian) #3

Wow.. searching with lowercase actually worked! That didn't even cross my
mind.. I'm going to sit in a corner and feel bad about myself for a
minute.. Thanks so much for the help, Shaun!

On Monday, August 27, 2012 6:40:36 PM UTC-7, Shaun Etherton wrote:

Hi,
I'm very new to ES but have a couple of questions.

Can we see the mapping you used?

What happens if you search using lowercase?

cheers

--
shaun etherton
0433 143 761

On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 11:04 AM, jackM wrote:

I have a very simple test case represented here:
http://pastie.org/4600683

I am having trouble understanding why the second and third query is not
returning the document I have indexed the same way the first query returns
the document. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Note that the first curl statement creates the index (which means I'm
using the dynamic mapping functionality.. I can't use a static mapping
file, unfortunately).

--

--


(Shaun Etherton) #4

Haha nah, don't do that..

I spent quite a bit of time reading all the ES document pages and trying to understand what all the bits involved are/mean. Analysers, Stemming etc.. it's all new to me too. :slight_smile:

Glad i could help.

cheers

--
shaun etherton
0433 143 761

On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 11:16 AM, jackM wrote:

Wow.. searching with lowercase actually worked! That didn't even cross my mind.. I'm going to sit in a corner and feel bad about myself for a minute.. Thanks so much for the help, Shaun!

On Monday, August 27, 2012 6:40:36 PM UTC-7, Shaun Etherton wrote:

Hi,
I'm very new to ES but have a couple of questions.

Can we see the mapping you used?

What happens if you search using lowercase?

cheers

--
shaun etherton
0433 143 761

On Tuesday, 28 August 2012 at 11:04 AM, jackM wrote:

I have a very simple test case represented here: http://pastie.org/4600683

I am having trouble understanding why the second and third query is not returning the document I have indexed the same way the first query returns the document. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Note that the first curl statement creates the index (which means I'm using the dynamic mapping functionality.. I can't use a static mapping file, unfortunately).

--
--

--


(system) #5