Skip mapper_parsing_exception on remote reindex

Hi,
I migrate my index from ES 1.7.5 to 5.3.0 using _reindex with remote.
This index contains multiple types and has multiple mapping.

1. I split this index by type and copy one mapping from old (logstash-2016.02.16) to new index (e.g logstash-api-2016.02.16).
  2. Next I start _remapping from old to new:
{
  "conflicts": "proceed",
  "source": {
    "remote": {
      "host": "http://es1host:9200"
    },
    "index": "logstash-2016.02.16",
    "type": "api",
    "_source": true
  },
  "dest": {
    "index": "logstash-api-2016.02.16"
  }
}

But after a while the process is interrupted with exception:

{ _index: 'logstash-api-2016.02.16',                                                        
  _type: 'api',                                                                              
  _id: 'AVLpDSPsGigD7OD5xvuW',                                                              
  status: 400,                                                                               
  error:                                                                                    
   { type: 'mapper_parsing_exception',                                                       
     reason: 'failed to parse [data.type]',                                                 
     caused_by:                                                                              
      { type: 'illegal_state_exception',                                                    
        reason: 'Can\'t get text on a START_OBJECT at 1:227' } } } 

It seems that there is a mapping conflict in the old index. But this is very strange...
But.. ok.. I admit that I can lose a few messages. How do I skip this exception and continue _reindex?

Details:
new index mapping
old index mapping

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.