Snapshot Creation Error

Hi,

ES_DEV cluster have setup 2 JVMs on each of the 3 servers. 1 master and 1 data on each.
Server 1 will have 3rd JVM will act as a client node.
Server 1  master, data & client
Server 2  master & data
Server 3  master & data
I have configured the repository path in all yml files as below
Repo path:- [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup

Curl command using for creating repository

curl -XPUT 'http://localhost:port/_snapshot/backup' -d'{"type": "fs","settings":{"location": "/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup","compress": true}}'

I am trying to create repository for snapshot but I am getting below error.

{"error":"RemoteTransportException[[server1_MASTER][inet[/localhost:port]][cluster:admin/repository/put]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] [h3X-fIJCdAUbtMIFPmg, 'RemoteTransportException[[server2_DATA][inet[/localhost:port]][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] a file written by master to the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] cannot be accessed on the node [[server2_DATA][h3X-fTCdAUMPmg][server2.enterprisenet.org][inet[server2.enterprisenet.org/localhost:port]]{max_local_storage_nodes=1, master=false}]. This might indicate that the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node]; '], [kVMUt57CRfu6z,

'RemoteTransportException[[server3_DATA][inet[/localhost:port]][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] a file written by master to the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] cannot be accessed on the node [[server3_DATA][kVMUtu6zlttA0W18w][server3.enterprisenet.org][inet[server3.enterprisenet.org/ localhost:port]]{max_local_storage_nodes=1, master=false}]. This might indicate that the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node]; '], [LBiEQqtZT_9uZQ,

'RemoteTransportException[[server1_MASTER][inet[/localhost:port]][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] a file written by master to the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] cannot be accessed on the node [[server3_MASTER][LBtZTEONpUFPH_9uZQ][server3.enterprisenet.org][inet[server3.enterprisenet.org/ localhost:port]]{max_local_storage_nodes=1, data=false, master=true}]. This might indicate that the store [/app/data1/ES_DEV/Backup] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node]; '], [Pc-1S5KE3dFlqpj 'RemoteTransportException[[server2_MASTER][inet[/localhost:port]][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing]; ']]]; ","status":500}[esadmin@server1bin]$

Please let me know any suggestions to fix this issue and it will be very helpful..

Thanks,
Ganesh

Your dir must be accessible using the exact same path on all nodes. Is it the case here?

1 Like

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

No, its's not I don't have accessible on all nodes. Because I am having 3 physical servers in which I have 10 disk local storage like (disk1,...disk10) each disk has 1TB size and it's same as in all the servers. How to make it accessible across all the nodes?

It really helpful if you recommend any suggestions.

Thanks,
Ganesh

It's a sys admin thing. You can use NFS for example.

Thanks David we will let you know the feedback