Snapshot issue to creating repo

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "repository_verification_exception",
"reason": "[es4_backup] [[SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A, 'RemoteTransportException[[tmz-mc2][192.0.0.21:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[es4_backup] store location [/opt/nfsstorage] is not accessible on the node [{tmz-mc2}{SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A}{DNKSF50UQke0xzuHwqgILg}{192.0.0.21}{192.0.0.21:9300}]]; nested: AccessDeniedException[/opt/nfsstorage/tests-cIvTtcNSSrm1RuY2oTYkYg/data-SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A.dat];']]"
}
],
"type": "repository_verification_exception",
"reason": "[es4_backup] [[SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A, 'RemoteTransportException[[tmz-mc2][192.0.0.21:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[es4_backup] store location [/opt/nfsstorage] is not accessible on the node [{tmz-mc2}{SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A}{DNKSF50UQke0xzuHwqgILg}{192.0.0.21}{192.0.0.21:9300}]]; nested: AccessDeniedException[/opt/nfsstorage/tests-cIvTtcNSSrm1RuY2oTYkYg/data-SiVtYos-Qo-LRlL9UItz8A.dat];']]"
},
"status": 500
}

unable to create snapshot repo can any help on this because i am stuck on this.

Does the Elasticsearch user have the read and write permissions on the directory? Is it a shared drive available to all nodes in the cluster?

/opt/nfsstorage is not accessible on node tmz-mc2.

Check that you mount it.

hi #dadoonet

i have share nfs storage from tmz-mc2 to tmz-mc1 both have permission to read and right.but when i right something with elasticsearch user on tmz-mc1 it show me elasticsearch user permission but when i see on tmz-mc2 its show uid and gid of tmz-mc1 like below

tmz-mc2:-

-rw-r--r-- 1 107 115 0 Jan 11 11:24 ankitd
-rw-r--r-- 1 107 115 0 Jan 11 11:28 ankitdddd

tmz-mc1:-

-rw-r--r-- 1 elasticsearch elasticsearch 0 Jan 11 11:24 ankitd

i think issue with uid gid mapping issue do have any idea about this

yes @Christian_Dahlqvist

i have share nfs storage from tmz-mc2 to tmz-mc1 both have permission to read and right.but when i right something with elasticsearch user on tmz-mc1 it show me elasticsearch user permission but when i see on tmz-mc2 its show uid and gid of tmz-mc1 like below

tmz-mc2:-

-rw-r--r-- 1 107 115 0 Jan 11 11:24 ankitd
-rw-r--r-- 1 107 115 0 Jan 11 11:28 ankitdddd

tmz-mc1:-

-rw-r--r-- 1 elasticsearch elasticsearch 0 Jan 11 11:24 ankitd

i think issue with uid gid mapping issue do have any idea about this

anyone is there who can help me on this issue #elasticsearch

Yes. I believe it's not related to elasticsearch but to your shared FS config.

You need to fix that to make sure that your user running elasticsearch can read and write a file from both nodes.

May be a mount issue?

What are your mount options? Make sure that the elasticsearch user has same uid / gid on both tmz-mc1 and tmz-mc2.

Hi @ywelsch

I am using nfs storage for snapshot on both machine. and i have setup elasticsearch on both instance with different uid and gid on both instances. can you help me on nfs uid gid mapping issue bcoz i know its an issue with nfs uid gid mapping

You can use the usermod and groupmod commands to change the UID and GID. Make sure they are the same on the server and all client machines for the given user name.

e.g. usermod -u 5555 my_user_name and groupmod -g 6666 my_group_name

You will have to make sure that any directories that you created outside of the user's home folder have the permissions changed to include the new UID and GID.

A google search for "changing the uid and gid mappings on linux" yields several pages and examples. Check out the man pages for each command as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.