Snapshot migration on existing index

Is it possible to migrate the snapshot from one cluster to another cluster where the index mapping is present ?

when i tried that same thing based on the local facing the following issue: -

{
    "error": {
        "root_cause": [
            {
                "type": "snapshot_restore_exception",
                "reason": "[rahul_backup:snapshot_rahul_new/9nEFwoxhTkuXWHkg6TrvOw] cannot restore index [my_new_index] because an open index with same name already exists in the cluster. Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacement name"
            }
        ],
        "type": "snapshot_restore_exception",
        "reason": "[rahul_backup:snapshot_rahul_new/9nEFwoxhTkuXWHkg6TrvOw] cannot restore index [my_new_index] because an open index with same name already exists in the cluster. Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacement name"
    },
    "status": 500
}

How can we mitigate this issue, keeping the index un-altered ?

If an index with the same name already exists, you won't be able to restore the snapshot using the same name, you will need to use other name as explained in the error message you got.

Either close or delete the existing index or restore the index under a different name by providing a rename pattern and replacement name

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.