Snapshot s3: The specified key does not exist

Hello,
I am currently testing s3 compatible solution from Scaleway.
Creating my repository, my bucket contains a test directory tests-kedvHECeQhmY6kvkArb8AA but it seems that elasticsearch cannot delete this directory. I have a message as follows:

curl -X PUT "localhost:9200/_snapshot/scaleway_s3?pretty" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
  "type": "s3",
  "settings": {
    "bucket": "mycellias3",
     "region": "fr-par",
     "protocol": "https",
    "path_style_access": true,
    "endpoint": "mycellias3.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud"
  }
}
'
{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "repository_verification_exception",
        "reason" : "[scaleway_s3] cannot delete test data at "
      }
    ],
    "type" : "repository_verification_exception",
    "reason" : "[scaleway_s3] cannot delete test data at ",
    "caused_by" : {
      "type" : "i_o_exception",
      "reason" : "Exception when deleting blob container [tests-kedvHECeQhmY6kvkArb8AA/]",
      "caused_by" : {
        "type" : "amazon_s3_exception",
        "reason" : "The specified key does not exist. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 404; Error Code: NoSuchKey; Request ID: tx10d6ea3e920048d2a4625-0062b9e37c; S3 Extended Request ID: null)"
      }
    }
  },
  "status" : 500
}

What's wrong ?
Thanks for your tips

This doesn't happen with the real S3 so you likely need to discuss this with Scaleway. See these docs for more information (emphasis mine):

Note that some storage systems claim to be compatible with these repository types without emulating their behaviour in full. Elasticsearch requires full compatibility. In particular the alternative implementation must support the same set of API endpoints, return the same errors in case of failures, and offer equivalent consistency guarantees and performance even when accessed concurrently by multiple nodes. Incompatible error codes, consistency or performance may be particularly hard to track down since errors, consistency failures, and performance issues are usually rare and hard to reproduce.

You can perform some basic checks of the suitability of your storage system using the Repository analysis API. If this API does not complete successfully, or indicates poor performance, then your storage system is not fully compatible and is therefore unsuitable for use as a snapshot repository. You will need to work with the supplier of your storage system to address any incompatibilities you encounter.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.