Sql Server to Logstash

I'm trying to index records that are fetched from sql server and inserted into elasticsearch.Actually now I have 25k records and while I'm running logstash.conf file it is indexing upto 2000 records and logstash is terminating. So, can anyone tell what might be the reason so I need to index 1 miilion records in future.

Thanks in advance
Kartheek

Have you looked in the Logstash log for clues about the shutdown? What does your configuration look like?

Thanks @magnusbaeck for your reply and I will post the configuration file.

input {
jdbc {
jdbc_driver_library => "c:\drivers\sqljdbc4"
jdbc_driver_class => "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SAILS-DM29:1433;databasename=ePrimeRx_New"
jdbc_paging_enabled => "true"
jdbc_pool_timeout => "300"
jdbc_paging_enabled => "true"
jdbc_fetch_size => 10000
connection_retry_attempts_wait_time => 5
connection_retry_attempts => 10

jdbc_user => "sa"
jdbc_password => "sails123"
statement => " SELECT  DRG.[TenantId] AS [TENANTID],DRG.[Id] AS [id],DRG.[DrugCode] AS [drugcode],DRG.[BRANDNAME] AS [DrugBandName], DRG.[QuickCode] AS [quickcode], 
              DRG.[Name] AS [drugname],DRG.[BillingNDC] AS [ndc],[DRGTYPE].Remarks AS [DRUGTYPE],
              DRG.[GenericName] AS [GenericName], DRG.[Strength] AS [Strength], DRG.[ManufactId] AS [ManufactId], DRG.[AWPPack] AS [AWPPack],
              DRG.[DirectUnitPrice] AS [DirectUnitPrice],DRG.[CostPack] AS [CostPack],DRG.[UnitPriceCost] AS [UnitPriceCost],DRG.[QtyPack] AS [QUANTYPACK],
              [DRG].[DrugFormId] AS [DrugFormId], [DRG].[DrugUnitId] AS [DrugUnitId], [DRG].[DrugClass] AS [DrugClass],
              [DRGCAT].[Name] AS [DrugCategory],
              [DRG].[IsDeleted] AS [IsDeleted], [DRG].[IsActive] AS [IsActive],
              [DRG].[CreatedDtTm] AS [DrugCreatedDate],[DRG].[ModifiedDtTm] AS [DrugModifiedDate]
              FROM  [Drug] AS [DRG]
              LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugForm] AS [DRGFROM] ON [DRG].[DrugFormId] = [DRGFROM].[Id]
              LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugUnit] AS [DRGUNIT] ON [DRG].[DrugUnitId] = [DRGUNIT].[Id]
              LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugType] AS [DRGTYPE] ON [DRG].[DrugTypeId] = [DRGTYPE].[Id]
              LEFT OUTER JOIN [DBO].[Drug_DrugCat] as [DRGCATEGORY] on [DRG].[ID] = [DRGCATEGORY].[DrugId]
              LEFT OUTER JOIN [DBO].[DrugCat] as [DRGCAT] on [DRGCATEGORY].[DrugCatId] = [DRGCAT].[Id] where [DRG].[ModifiedDtTm] >= :sql_last_value"
  use_column_value => false
tracking_column => "ModifiedDtTm"
	tracking_column_type => "timestamp"
record_last_run => true
clean_run => true

}
}
filter {
mutate {
add_field => { "ndcsuggest" => "%{ndc}"
"drugnamesuggest" => "%{drugname}"
"quickcodesuggest" => "%{quickcode}" }
}
}

The filter part of this file is commented out to indicate that it is

optional.

output {
elasticsearch{
index => "micromerchant1"
document_type => "drug"
action =>"update" #if want to update existing index data based on ID column
#ssl=>true # if node is on SSL
hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
doc_as_upsert => true
action => "update"
document_id => "%{id}"
}
stdout { codec => json_lines }
}

How many unique DRG.[Id] values are there in the database?

Is the id field unique across all 25000 documents?

yes this is the query
SELECT COUNT(DRG.[Id] )
FROM [Drug] AS [DRG]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugForm] AS [DRGFROM] ON [DRG].[DrugFormId] = [DRGFROM].[Id]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugUnit] AS [DRGUNIT] ON [DRG].[DrugUnitId] = [DRGUNIT].[Id]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [dbo].[DrugType] AS [DRGTYPE] ON [DRG].[DrugTypeId] = [DRGTYPE].[Id]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [DBO].[Drug_DrugCat] as [DRGCATEGORY] on [DRG].[ID] = [DRGCATEGORY].[DrugId]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [DBO].[DrugCat] as [DRGCAT] on [DRGCATEGORY].[DrugCatId] = [DRGCAT].[Id]

and the result count is 23026

yes this is the query
SELECT COUNT(DRG.[Id] )
FROM [Drug] AS [DRG]
LEFT OUTER JOIN [DBO].[DrugCat] as [DRGCAT] on [DRGCATEGORY].[DrugCatId] = [DRGCAT].[Id]

If you look at a few of the documents that were indexed, what is the value of _version?

Actually this is first run and I'm dropping index everytime and I'm checking whether the document count and rows count are equal

What is the value? Does it vary?

This is the count

That was not what I asked. Please look at a few documents and check what the value _version is.

If the id field is unique across all records, this value should never really be greater than 1, as a higher value indicates that documents have been updated.

"@version": "1" So all indexed with @version :1 i.e total count is 2522

yes this is the query
SELECT COUNT(DRG.[Id] )
FROM [Drug] AS [DRG]

No, that only counts the number of rows. To count the number of unique DRG.[Id] values you need:

SELECT DISTINCT COUNT(DRG.[Id]) ...

SELECT DISTINCT(COUNT(DRG.[Id]) )
FROM [Drug] AS [DRG]

and the count is same as above i.e. 23026

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.