SSL rabbitmq input

I have looked and seen different settings but when input any setting dealing with ssl other than ssl => true and verify_ssl => true it states setting unkown. How does logstash know where the certs are if there are no options to input them? In the documentation on the site it says to use ssl_certificate_path and when I use that setting it says that the setting is unknown.

Which version of the rabbitmq input plugin do you have?

what do you mean input version? Are we talking rabbitmq-server? If so I have 3.7.5 installed. logstash version 2.2.4

No, I meant the version of your rabbitmq input plugin for Logstash. But if you haven't upgraded that plugin separately you have the one bundled with Logstash 2.2.4. If you consult the Logstash 2.2 documentation you'll see that the rabbitmq plugin doesn't have the certificate options you describe. I suggest you upgrade Logstash. 2.2.4 is really old.

That is what i figured. I will try and find and rpm for 5.0 or 6.0. I will let you know the results shortly.

Ok so I have updated to 6.3 and now I am getting a java exception. I am running java-1.7.0-openjdk. Tried to find a newer version of java but it seems this is the latest version. Any idea on why im getting unsupported major minor version 52.0

As documented you need Java 8.

I am able to use ssl_certificate_path, but now I cannot connect. I am using a pem file. If I were to use a pkcs file should that file hold the server cert and key or CA cert and key or both?

I don't know, my SSL-fu isn't strong enough.

I got it to work by adding the cert key and cacert. now on to elasticsearch ssl. Thanks for all your help

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.