Rabbitmq plugin fails to validate certificates

I was looking to see how to actually report this, and am not quite sure how since the rabbitmq input plugin has no maintainer listed here: Logstash Plugins Community Maintainers

Our team stumbled upon the fact that the "verify_ssl" option in the rabbitmq input does absolutely nothing. After pulling down the appropriate gems, I found that while the config option is defined in the connection mixin, it appears to not actually be used.

I'm no ruby expert, so I could be missing something, but was wondering if this was the intended behavior? There's nothing in the docs saying that the option would be ignored.

In testing, whether verify_ssl is set to true or false, it connects to our rabbitmq cluster exactly the same, which leads me to believe that perhaps this is an oversight?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

I was looking to see how to actually report this, and am not quite sure how since the rabbitmq input plugin has no maintainer listed here: Logstash Plugins Community Maintainers

The rabbitmq input plugin isn't a community plugin so it has no community maintainer. It's a core plugin that's maintained by the Logstash team.

Regardless of how a plugin is maintained, discuss.elastic.co is the right place for questions. If you're reasonably sure you've found a bug, or if you have a feature request, file a issue in the GitHub project.