Hi,
Maybe simple question but how do I tailor the commands to troubleshoot an linux elasticsearch cluster in RED on the command line?

Nothing I type with localhost:9200 seems to work...

Hi @minidan

if i'm understanding right, you wanna make some GREP, TAIL AWK on the cluster status return ? Like Only GREEN, YELLOW or RED ?

it's more basic than that I'm afraid... I just get no reponse from curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/_cat/health?v&pretty' in the terminal

I can't run anything in the Kibana GUI with the status being red.

I'm not sure if it's something different with my network setup, or I'm in the wrong mode, stumped.

To check cluster status health : curl -u user:password (x-pack case) -XGET 'cluster_ip:port/_cluster/health?pretty=true'

In case you want grep : curl -s --cacert $CERTS -u $USER:$PASSWORD https://$HOST:$PORT/_cluster/health?pretty=true|grep status|awk '{print $3}'|cut -d" -f2

For your Issue, please make a copy of your Elasticsearch Logs with quotes. Then i could help you better than now !

Hi Ben, I'm also not sure how to get those logs... :frowning:

Those logs, by default are in /var/log/elasticsearch i think some like that, check official doc to be sure

thanks Ben, there wasn't much in those logs... might have to come back to this when have an idea what is going on

it was just hung. please close this thread, I still have an issue but not for this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.