Steps to configure and use memcached in logstash. Can you please share with me the steps

Can you please share with me the steps to configure and run memcached in filter plugin.
Is memcached server configured in logstash internally or I have to install and start memcached externally? Please guide me.

Yes, you need to have an external memcached instance running and acessible to Logstash.

After you installed and configured Memcached you can put things in it and read from it.

To put things in the mencached instance you use the SET option of the filter and to read from it you use the GET option.

The documentation is pretty straightforward, but if you want a more detailed example I've made a blog post about it a couple of time ago, you can access it here.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Can I use any other cache tool in Logstash? If yes , Please share with me the name of all supported cache application.

You can check the documentation to see what inputs, outputs and filters logstash supports.

If it is not there, then it is not supported.

Can you please suggest for below error. I am trying to connect with Kafka topic to publish output log.

[ERROR][logstash.outputs.kafka ][test] Unable to create Kafka producer from given configuration {:kafka_error_message=>#<Java::OrgApacheKafkaCommon::KafkaException: Failed to construct kafka producer>, :cause=>#<Java::OrgApacheKafkaCommon::KafkaException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not login: the client is being asked for a password, but the Kafka client code does not currently support obtaining a password from the user. not available to garner authentication information from the user>}
[2022-11-02T16:25:43,480][ERROR][logstash.javapipeline ][test] Pipeline error {:pipeline_id=>"test", :exception=>#<Java::OrgApacheKafkaCommon::KafkaException: Failed to construct kafka producer>,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.