"index_total": 257,
    "index_failures": 0,
    "search_time_in_ms": 75850,
    "search_total": 257,
    "search_failures": 0
  }
}

In the logs I see the following:

2019-12-16T01:31:57,154][DEBUG][o.e.a.b.TransportShardBulkAction] [es-1] [connections_rollup_test_1][0] failed to execute bulk item (index) index {[connections_rollup_test_1][_doc][connections_rollup_test_1$6l734zrgjXQcgc0UlENsEw], source[{"bandwidth.sum.value":108.0,"created_at.date_histogram.time_zone":"UTC","created_at.date_histogram.timestamp":1574719800000,"created_at.date_histogram._count":2,"_rollup.version":2,"created_at.date_histogram.interval":"5m","device_key.terms._count":2,"device_key.terms.value":"09858ffe-fc30-448a-a87c-9418854b7787","_rollup.id":"connections_rollup_test_1"}]}

org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.MapperParsingException: Could not dynamically add mapping for field [bandwidth.sum.value]. Existing mapping for [bandwidth] must be of type object but found [long].

I don't understand how I am supposed to turn bandwidth which is a numeric metric that I am summing over into an object? Or why that mapping is having a conflict in the first place. Bandwidth is a long in the underlying index mapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have a template with index pattern matching the rollup index "connections_rollup_test_"? if you do, does it define mapping for the "bandwidth" field? I think that could cause your conflict.

If so, try with an index name that won't match the template.

That was it! I had a template that matched the pattern of the rollup name. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Was completely stumped as to what it was.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.