Stuck at loading page

Hello,

I have a running instance of ElasticSearch and Kibana and while they both appear to be started, the Kibana page never goes past the "Loading Elastic Kibana" text with the logo on top and the moving bar beneath.
I checked the ES instance by opening this URL: http://10.10.10.254:9200/ and it answered properly with the expected tagline
I checked the kibana.yml file and it contains only those two definitions:

server.host: "0.0.0.0"
elasticsearch.hosts: ["http://10.10.10.254:9200/"]

I tried looking in the log with journalctl -u kibana, but I see nothing in it:

sept. 12 12:40:55 server systemd[1]: Started Kibana - dashboard for Elasticsearch.
sept. 12 12:41:08 server node[6986]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-09-12T10:41:08Z","tags":["listening","info"],"pid":6986,"message":"Server running at http://0.0.0.0:5601"}
sept. 24 20:49:10 server systemd[1]: Stopping Kibana - dashboard for Elasticsearch...
sept. 24 20:49:10 server systemd[1]: kibana.service: Succeeded.
sept. 24 20:49:10 server systemd[1]: Stopped Kibana - dashboard for Elasticsearch.
-- Reboot --
sept. 24 20:51:39 server systemd[1]: Started Kibana - dashboard for Elasticsearch.
sept. 24 20:51:50 server node[5528]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2020-09-24T18:51:50Z","tags":["listening","info"],"pid":5528,"message":"Server running at http://0.0.0.0:5601"}

What have I missed?

Can you check the browser console whether any errors show up there?

Ah yes, I did not think of that. Here is what Firefox is giving me:

Uncaught SyntaxError: unexpected token: keyword 'this'    [vendors_0.bundle.dll.js:45:403122](http://server:5601/built_assets/dlls/vendors_0.bundle.dll.js)
unreachable code after return statement    [commons.bundle.js:1:2914162](http://server:5601/bundles/commons.bundle.js)
Uncaught ReferenceError: vendors_0 is not defined     [kibana.bundle.js:1:580509]

What can I do about this?

That's an unusual error - Firefox should be supported.
A bunch of questions to debug this further:

  • Which version of Firefox are you running?
  • Which version of Kibana are you running?
  • How did you install Kibana? Did you add any custom plugins?
  • Are there errors in the network tab when you try accessing Kibana?
  • Are you running a reverse proxy of some kind in front of Kibana?

Version 81.0 and it tells me it is up to date

This is version 7.7.0-1 from May 2020, according to Octopi the package manager for my Arch Linux based distribution.
I did not add any custom plugins.

None that I can see, apart from the one related to CSP testing for which there already is an open issue. And that issue specifically says it's expected and should not impact anything.

No, I haven't configured such a thing.

Historically, Kibana was working just fine, but after a system update, it would not even start, giving this error:

sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]: Unhandled Promise rejection detected:
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]: TypeError: Cannot set property 'writecb' of undefined
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at LogInterceptor.Transform._write (_stream_transform.js:185:14)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:352:12)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at LogInterceptor.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:303:10)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at Monitor.push (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@elastic/good/lib/monitor.js:207:30)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at Monitor._logHandler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@elastic/good/lib/monitor.js:40:18)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at module.exports.internals.Podium.internals.Podium.emit (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/podium/lib/index.js:220:49)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at module.exports.internals.Core._log (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/core.js:584:21)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at module.exports.internals.Core.log (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/core.js:562:21)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at internals.Server.log (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/server.js:312:27)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at KbnServer._default (/usr/share/kibana/src/optimize/index.js:68:12)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async KbnServer.mixin (/usr/share/kibana/src/legacy/server/kbn_server.js:150:7)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async KbnServer.listen (/usr/share/kibana/src/legacy/server/kbn_server.js:162:5)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async LegacyService.createKbnServer (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/legacy/legacy_service.js:285:9)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async LegacyService.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/legacy/legacy_service.js:159:24)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async Server.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/server.js:193:5)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]:     at async Root.start (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/root/index.js:55:14)
sept. 12 12:29:09 server node[36196]: Terminating process...

This one, I was able to figure out from messages elsewhere as it seems NodeJS from Arch Linux (14.10.0) was too recent and I had to move to an older release. I tried Erbium (12.18.3) and it allowed to start Kibana without any error.
I tried using Dubnium (10.22.0) instead just now, but it did not change anything with my issue here.

I'm a bit lost here.