Sub querying in Elasticsearch

Hi,
Is it possible in Elasticsearch to use the results of a query to
another query in a single query?? some sort of subquery in sql??? I need to
feed back the results of a query to another query, but currently I am
taking the help of double query, and I can not post the result data more
than 1024 in query against some field?? So I was thinking if it can be
managed in the Elasticsearch internally to use the results of a query into
the another query ??

If anyone knows this, Please help. All of your help or guidance will be
appreciated.

Thanks

--

hey there,

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:33:54 AM UTC+2, Narinder Kaur wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible in Elasticsearch to use the results of a query to
another query in a single query?? some sort of subquery in sql??? I need to
feed back the results of a query to another query, but currently I am
taking the help of double query, and I can not post the result data more
than 1024 in query against some field?? So I was thinking if it can be
managed in the Elasticsearch internally to use the results of a query into
the another query ??

you can't do subqueries like in sql in ElasticSearch the only thing I can
think of is the More Like This API
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/more-like-this.html that
could help here. otehrwise you need to execute two requests anyway.

simon

If anyone knows this, Please help. All of your help or guidance will be
appreciated.

Thanks

--

Thanks for the help. I will try this out

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 14:34:07 UTC+5:30, simonw wrote:

hey there,

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:33:54 AM UTC+2, Narinder Kaur wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible in Elasticsearch to use the results of a query to
another query in a single query?? some sort of subquery in sql??? I need to
feed back the results of a query to another query, but currently I am
taking the help of double query, and I can not post the result data more
than 1024 in query against some field?? So I was thinking if it can be
managed in the Elasticsearch internally to use the results of a query into
the another query ??

you can't do subqueries like in sql in ElasticSearch the only thing I can
think of is the More Like This API
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/more-like-this.html that
could help here. otehrwise you need to execute two requests anyway.

simon

If anyone knows this, Please help. All of your help or guidance will be
appreciated.

Thanks

--

Hi,
I cannot find any documentation for sub-querying in the current stable
1.3.4 version.
Are there any plans for this in the future?

Thanks,
George

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 10:37:44 UTC+1, Narinder Kaur wrote:

Thanks for the help. I will try this out

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 14:34:07 UTC+5:30, simonw wrote:

hey there,

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:33:54 AM UTC+2, Narinder Kaur wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible in Elasticsearch to use the results of a query to
another query in a single query?? some sort of subquery in sql??? I need to
feed back the results of a query to another query, but currently I am
taking the help of double query, and I can not post the result data more
than 1024 in query against some field?? So I was thinking if it can be
managed in the Elasticsearch internally to use the results of a query into
the another query ??

you can't do subqueries like in sql in ElasticSearch the only thing I can
think of is the More Like This API
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/api/more-like-this.html
that could help here. otehrwise you need to execute two requests anyway.

simon

If anyone knows this, Please help. All of your help or guidance will be
appreciated.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/720a3954-a180-4fdf-aced-eb2feba598ad%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.