Suggestions on what Large test cluster footprint might look like?

Hello all. Great conference by the way. Excellent question answer sessions and breakout talks. One question I wanted to ask is that I have setup an ELK stack to monitor 1000+ nodes with filebeat, metricbeat, Suricata and Packetbeat. In production we have 5 Elasticsearch boxes with Logstash consuming beats and everything works great.

But, we need a test cluster. It would be very beneficial to have a cluster where I could test upcoming logstash configuration changes which entail bouncing the instance, making template changes, hot/cold storage configs, etc.

What is a good approach to building a low cost test cluster? Might sound nuts, but could you take something like K8's and then spin up 1000 or so VM's and an ELK Cluster? Would a certain fraction of the VM's be sufficient for testing... Just an overall question of what test cluster footprints look like and typical deploy strategies between them?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.