Support for pre-analyzed fields?

Does elasticsearch support pre-analyzed fields [1]? Basically having the
client provide the stored value and the token stream. I have a few use
cases where this would be helpful.

  1. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PreAnalyzedField

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or where I might begin in
implementing a plugin to implement this capability.

Thanks,
Paul

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:54:55 PM UTC-4, Paul Dlug wrote:

Does elasticsearch support pre-analyzed fields [1]? Basically having the
client provide the stored value and the token stream. I have a few use
cases where this would be helpful.

  1. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PreAnalyzedField

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Not quite the same, but I analyze query terms for queries that do not
support analysis (SpanBuilders) using analyzers derived from the
AnalysisModule.

PreAnalyzedFields look interesting, but I am wondering why it is a Solr
class and not Lucene.

--
Ivan

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Paul Dlug paul.dlug@gmail.com wrote:

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or where I might begin
in implementing a plugin to implement this capability.

Thanks,
Paul

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:54:55 PM UTC-4, Paul Dlug wrote:

Does elasticsearch support pre-analyzed fields [1]? Basically having the
client provide the stored value and the token stream. I have a few use
cases where this would be helpful.

  1. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/**PreAnalyzedFieldhttp://wiki.apache.org/solr/PreAnalyzedField

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Because in Lucene you can already do this: You just create two fields of
the same name, the first stored but not indexed with the text contents, the
second with the content you would like to have indexed. You can, for
example, merge multiple token streams into one field using this trick. The
first could be the normal analyzed sequence of words derived from the
original text, the second could be an externally computed sequence of tags
like part-of-speech or entity annotations or some other analysis too
advanced for the standard lucene analyzers.
Then, the field can be searched using the analyzed terms but you can still
get the original text and even highlight it etc. For example, you could
search for "verb" and get all verbs highlighted in the original text (given
your analyzed token stream has appropriate offsets and position_increments).
I'm currently looking for the same thing, which is way I digged out this
post. If anyone knows more about it, I'd really like to hear it.

On Thursday, 9 May 2013 17:29:00 UTC+2, Ivan Brusic wrote:

Not quite the same, but I analyze query terms for queries that do not
support analysis (SpanBuilders) using analyzers derived from the
AnalysisModule.

PreAnalyzedFields look interesting, but I am wondering why it is a Solr
class and not Lucene.

--
Ivan

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Paul Dlug <paul...@gmail.com <javascript:>

wrote:

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or where I might begin
in implementing a plugin to implement this capability.

Thanks,
Paul

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:54:55 PM UTC-4, Paul Dlug wrote:

Does elasticsearch support pre-analyzed fields [1]? Basically having the
client provide the stored value and the token stream. I have a few use
cases where this would be helpful.

  1. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/**PreAnalyzedFieldhttp://wiki.apache.org/solr/PreAnalyzedField

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.