Synthetic monitoring using a pod

Hi Team,

I am running my ECK stack on a managed kubernetes clusters with no access to login into any of the kube nodes, now with this implementation currently i wont be able to run docker container in the same namespace as my ECK stack and service is not exposed outside the cluster

1. i can use dind image to write a pod specification file as a workaround, but is this implementation available

any help will be appreciated

Apologies for the delay, I'm a bit unclear as to how this relates to synthetics / uptime specifically. Can you expand a bit on what specific issue you're facing?

Sure Andrew,

I would like to use synthetic monitoring feature in kubernetes environment presuming we dont have access to run containers in cloud managed cluster, i want an out of the box solution where i can use a POD to perform my synthetic monitoring usecase, and having a pod based solution will be useful from maintainability perspective.

Hope that answers your question.

I think the ultimate solution here is Fleet / Agent node with ECK. However, that's a bit down the road. I think @jsoriano might be able to help you here as he's more familiar with K8s

@aman26ps have you tried to deploy Heartbeat with ECK (Run Beats on ECK | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [1.3] | Elastic)?

If you want to use Agent, I think you will have to wait for a future version of ECK, this functionality is experimental and only available in master by now. (Run Elastic Agent on ECK | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [master] | Elastic)

If ECK doesn't exposes all the options that you need for your case, you should still be able to deploy Heartbeat as a pod in your Kubernetes cluster. (Running Heartbeat on Kubernetes | Heartbeat Reference [7.10] | Elastic)

sure thanks jaime, let me try this.

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.