Telnet logstash not working

Hello,

I installed logstash as per documentation and service started successfully. But, when we trying telnet localhost 5044, it is not working and the netstat also showing nothing. Can you please suggest me how to fix it. I double checked none of iptables and selinux running.

[root@logstash ~]# /opt/logstash/bin/logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/first_pipe.conf --configtest
Configuration OK

[root@logstash ~]# netstat -antp
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1263/sshd
tcp 0 64 192.168.94.163:22 192.168.94.1:55332 ESTABLISHED 1588/sshd
tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 1263/sshd

[root@logstash ~]# telnet logstash 5044
Trying 192.168.94.163...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.94.163: Connection refused

your netstat does not show it is listening on port 5044, did you run the command without the configtest? also can you provide your config file. is there anything in the log file or output when running the command?

Have you run ps auwwx | grep java | grep logstash to see if Logstash is actually running?

Thank you. I doubled checked the service is running fine with the above command you mentioned.

I have noticed when my logstash is running but netstat shows it is not listening that there is an issue with the logstash filter. Can you provide first_pipe.conf with any sensitive information taken out?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.