Template already exists

Hi,
how do I get rid of this template being mentioned in the log?

Attempting to connect to Elasticsearch version 7.15.1
**2021-10-24T16:24:25.161-0400	INFO	template/load.go:111	Template "my_template" already exists and will not be overwritten.**
2021-10-24T16:24:25.161-0400	INFO	[index-management]	idxmgmt/std.go:297	Loaded index template.

So that log line comes when the template that you've specified in your filebeat has already been loaded and And the setup.template.overwrite flag is false which is the default value.

That is a very common log line It really doesn't indicate there is an issue.

The question is @dev9 What do you want to accomplish?

Do you want to load the template again?

Do you want a completely clear out the template And never load it again?

Do you want the clear out the template and load it once again?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Also you should always share your config in a new thread so we can see what is set.

Hi Stephen,
I managed to resolve the index naming issue I had yesterday after your support then started to see that Info Log.
I did create an index life cycle using the web portal and I was curious if that what caused this log to come up or not.

Thanks.

That's a pretty benign log message It's very common because when filebeat has a template it checks to see if it's loaded and if it is loaded it doesn't overwrite it... That's pretty much default behavior.

Thank you, Stephen!.

Although if that template and the data you're trying to pump into the index it uses that template are in conflict that could cause some issues but I don't suspect it is.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.