The program ./load_blogs.sh doesn't do anything

Hello,
While doing the labs for module 1 for Elasticsearch Engineer, I am required to run the bash script ./load_blogs.sh. It doesn't load the blogs into the blogs index after I see the script complete. When I go back into Kibana all I see is 7 blogs. Since a number of questions in the lab rely on these documents being loaded, it makes it difficult to do the labs. Please help and advise.

Thanks,
-Ingmar Thompson

Hi @ingmar
apologies for getting back late to you. It's correct that you are supposed to first load 7 blog articles by uploading a file and then upload many more blog articles by running the script.
Be aware though, that you are supposed to do so in 2 different clusters. When you are at the Strigo console you have 2 different links to Kibana: Kibana1 and Kibana2. You were supposed to upload the file into cluster 2 by using Kibana2. As far as I understand this is also what you've done.

When you run the bash script it loads the blogs into cluster 1. When you went back to Kibana and still saw the 7 blog articles from before I guess you did so, by using Kibana2. Please use Kibana1 for checking for the blog articles loaded by the script.

Please let me know if this helped.

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.