The speed for Query "Time-Based-Index" and without "Time-Based" (Ordinary)index

Query for "Time-Based-index" and without "Time-Based" index.
My "Time-Based-INdex" Rules Like this "test-index-2019.05.20",but it contains so many days,and the Time-Based-index by days , if i get query for the following example
"Get test-index-*/_search" , Is the Query Speed as the same as the INdex without "Time-Based" ? like this "Get test-index/_search"
please tell me the answer. Thank you.

"It depends" as we are fond of saying.
In a large dataset there are benefits to parallelising queries across many machines.
In a small dataset, less so.
Benchmarking is the way to decide what configuration suits your use case. Pay attention to the number of shards you choose for each index too - querying 5 time-based indices that each use a single shard is no different to searching a single index that uses 5 shards.

Thank for your answer .
If it's just 1 shard and 3600 "time-based" indices compare to 1 shard 1 index ,and i query like following example "Get test-index-*/_search" compare to "Get test-index/_search" ,Will the "1 shard 1 index" be faster ? My production data size is about 200 G.
Thank you again.

It depends :wink:
But I'd try with something between 4 to 10 shards in total.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.