The task maps_telemetry "Maps-maps_telemetry" is not cancellable

I want to try 6.7 branch but kibana stucks warning :" The task maps_telemetry "Maps-maps_telemetry" is not cancellable."

server    log   [05:51:34.075] [warning][reporting] Generating a random key for xpack.reporting.encryptionKey. To prevent pending reports from failing on restart, please set xpack.reporting.encryptionKey in kibana.yml
server    log   [05:51:34.097] [info][status][plugin:reporting@6.7.0] Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready
server    log   [05:51:34.299] [info][migrations] Creating index .kibana_1.
server    log   [05:51:34.311] [warning][migrations] Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_1 and restarting Kibana.
optmzr    log   [05:51:45.284] [info][optimize:dynamic_dll_plugin] No need to compile client vendors dll
optmzr    log   [05:51:45.285] [info][optimize:dynamic_dll_plugin] Finished all dynamic dll plugin tasks
optmzr    log   [05:51:45.287] [info][optimize] Optimization success in 15.96 seconds
server    log   [05:52:34.371] [warning][task_manager] The task maps_telemetry "Maps-maps_telemetry" is not cancellable.
server    log   [05:52:34.372] [warning][task_manager] The task maps_telemetry "Maps-maps_telemetry" is not cancellable.
server    log   [05:53:37.562] [warning][task_manager] The task maps_telemetry "Maps-maps_telemetry" is not cancellable.

That certainly seems like a bug. Are you seeing that by simply starting Kibana, or did you change something that resulted in that state?

I checked out to 6.7 and used 'yarn start' to start kibana in development mode. git diff show no change but I have tested some other branch before that.

Sorry, I didn't mean changes to the source code, but changes to tasks. As in, have you added any tasks to Kibana? It sounds like maybe no, that you just cloned and started in dev mode and started seeing this error.

It looks like this is something of a known issue, see here: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/30564

That issue makes it sound like it's safe to ignore that warning, the only downside is that, from the sound of it, Kibana would stop collecting telemetry data about usage of the new Maps application.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.