Third party plugins are not visible in Kibana 7.1.1

Hi, I am trying to experiment with 3rd party plugin. I have ES and Kibana 7.1.1 installed on Centos7 via RPM. I used kibana-plugin tool to install a plugin. I see the following in the kibana log:
"Optimization of bundles for graph, monitoring, space_selector, login, logout, logged_out, ml, dashboardViewer, apm, maps, canvas, infra, uptime, gradiant_style, kibana, stateSessionStorageRedirect, status_page and timelion complete in 58.18 seconds"
I also see the plugin in the optimize/bundles directory (gradiant_style.css,gradiant_style.bundle.js, gradiant_style.entry.js). However, I don't see the plugin in Kibana. Can you provide any helpful insight into why it's not working. Am I missing a step or is there another troubleshooting technique I can use to understand why plugin doesn't appear. Thx!

Hey @Rhonda_Gregory, Kibana plugins can augment or add any number of features, they don't necessarily have to be applications that show-up in the navigation on the left part of the screen. If you're seeing the message about the gradient_style plugin being recognized, it's installed correctly. I'd recommend checking with the plugin author to determine what exactly it should be doing.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.