This version of the ElasticsearchIO is only compatible with Elasticsearch v7.x, v6.x, v5.x and v2.x

I need to integrate Google BigQuery into elasticsearch. I used Job template "BigQuery to elasticsearch" from DataFlow in Google console. But it is impossible because my elastic version is 8.1.2. And I got error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Elasticsearch version to connect to is 8.x. This version of the ElasticsearchIO is only compatible with Elasticsearch v7.x, v6.x, v5.x and v2.x
As I understand there is no way to downgrade elastic version.
Is there any way how I can integrate my database from Google BigQuery into elastic

Full stack trace

2022-04-12T14:23:56.259482439Z

Error message from worker: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.beam.sdk.util.UserCodeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Elasticsearch version to connect to is 8.x. This version of the ElasticsearchIO is only compatible with Elasticsearch v7.x, v6.x, v5.x and v2.x org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory$1.typedApply(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:197) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory$1.typedApply(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:168) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.graph.Networks$TypeSafeNodeFunction.apply(Networks.java:67) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.graph.Networks$TypeSafeNodeFunction.apply(Networks.java:54) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.graph.Networks.replaceDirectedNetworkNodes(Networks.java:91) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.create(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:128) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.BatchDataflowWorker.doWork(BatchDataflowWorker.java:361) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.BatchDataflowWorker.getAndPerformWork(BatchDataflowWorker.java:314) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DataflowBatchWorkerHarness$WorkerThread.doWork(DataflowBatchWorkerHarness.java:140) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DataflowBatchWorkerHarness$WorkerThread.call(DataflowBatchWorkerHarness.java:120) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DataflowBatchWorkerHarness$WorkerThread.call(DataflowBatchWorkerHarness.java:107) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: org.apache.beam.sdk.util.UserCodeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Elasticsearch version to connect to is 8.x. This version of the ElasticsearchIO is only compatible with Elasticsearch v7.x, v6.x, v5.x and v2.x org.apache.beam.sdk.util.UserCodeException.wrap(UserCodeException.java:39) com.google.cloud.teleport.v2.elasticsearch.utils.ElasticsearchIO$Write$WriteFn$DoFnInvoker.invokeSetup(Unknown Source) org.apache.beam.sdk.transforms.reflect.DoFnInvokers.tryInvokeSetupFor(DoFnInvokers.java:53) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DoFnInstanceManagers$ConcurrentQueueInstanceManager.deserializeCopy(DoFnInstanceManagers.java:86) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DoFnInstanceManagers$ConcurrentQueueInstanceManager.peek(DoFnInstanceManagers.java:68) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.UserParDoFnFactory.create(UserParDoFnFactory.java:100) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.DefaultParDoFnFactory.create(DefaultParDoFnFactory.java:75) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.createParDoOperation(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:267) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.access$000(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:89) org.apache.beam.runners.dataflow.worker.IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory$1.typedApply(IntrinsicMapTaskExecutorFactory.java:186) ... 14 more Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The Elasticsearch version to connect to is 8.x. This version of the ElasticsearchIO is only compatible with Elasticsearch v7.x, v6.x, v5.x and v2.x org.apache.beam.vendor.guava.v26_0_jre.com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:189) com.google.cloud.teleport.v2.elasticsearch.utils.ElasticsearchIO.getBackendVersion(ElasticsearchIO.java:1527) com.google.cloud.teleport.v2.elasticsearch.utils.ElasticsearchIO$Write$WriteFn.setup(ElasticsearchIO.java:1329)

Thank you

What I imagine is that you create a 7.x instance and perform the integration with Google BigQuery.
Or wait for a release that allows migrating to version 8.x

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.