Timeout - Pipeline blocked

Hi.

I'm new to this project and i am experiencing a big issue, since i added all the Clients (15 Server) for monitoring.
Since i added these server, the response Time grew massively and now it doesn't even respond. I am not which settings need to be changed. I've red that sometimes stdout = rubydebug causes high cpu usage. Uncommenting it didnt help. I've followed this guide for ubuntu http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/ubuntu-how-tos/setup-elk-stack-ubuntu-16-04.html

I'm running elasticsearch/logstash in a VM on our Hyper-V to monitor our Windows Server.
VM Settings = 2 Virtual Cores + 6GB RAM
What wonders me is, that Linux is not able to split the work over both CPUs. Either CPU 1 is constantly on 100% and CPU2 on 0-2% or vice versa.
I already added more RAM. Tried first 16GB (100% usage) and also 32 (also 100% usage) I dont want to go higher, because there have to be other ways optimizing it.
What can i do to make the server handle the incomming traffic? Java is using all RAM for its own processes.
Most suspicious Log entries:

[winlogbeat-2017.08.16][[winlogbeat-2017.08.16][2]] CreateFailedEngineException[Create failed for [wineventlog#AV3wgGvwYERlAy38-ALy]]; nested: OutOfMemoryError[Java heap space];
        at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.InternalEngine.create(InternalEngine.java:351)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.create(IndexShard.java:549)
        at org.elasticsearch.index.engine.Engine$Create.execute(Engine.java:810)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.executeIndexRequestOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:236)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardIndexOperation(TransportShardBulkAction.java:327)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:120)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:68)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryPhase.doRun(TransportReplicationAction.java:657)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryOperationTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportReplicationAction.java:287)
        at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryOperationTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportReplicationAction.java:279)
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:77)
        at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.doRun(TransportService.java:378)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException[failed to process cluster event (put-mapping [wineventlog]) within 30s]
        at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$2$1.run(InternalClusterService.java:361)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
[2017-08-17 16:26:27,147][DEBUG][action.admin.indices.mapping.put] [Sagittarius] failed to put mappings on indices [[winlogbeat-2016.11.04]], type [wineventlog]
ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException[failed to process cluster event (put-mapping [wineventlog]) within 30s]
        at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$2$1.run(InternalClusterService.java:361)

{:timestamp=>"2017-08-18T08:42:09.455000+0200", :message=>"Beats input: the pipeline is blocked, temporary refusing new connection.", :reconnect_backoff_sleep=>0.5, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-08-18T08:42:50.026000+0200", :message=>"CircuitBreaker::rescuing exceptions", :name=>"Beats input", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::Beats::InsertingToQueueTakeTooLong, :level=>:warn}
{:timestamp=>"2017-08-18T08:42:50.026000+0200", :message=>"Beats input: The circuit breaker has detected a slowdown or stall in the pipeline, the input is closing the current connection and rejecting new connection until the pipeline recover.", :exception=>LogStash::Inputs::BeatsSupport::CircuitBreaker::HalfOpenBreaker, :level=>:warn}

[2017-08-18 08:43:17,216][ERROR][cluster.action.shard     ] [Argus] unexpected failure during [shard-started ([winlogbeat-2017.08.16][4], node[fit1KJnrQS6QI4PftbbS7g], [P], v[11], s[INITIALIZING], a[id=GKXVDgJaRdeGAMsZn5w-Ag], unassigned_info[[reason=CLUSTER_RECOVERED], at[2017-08-18T06:02:05.660Z]]), reason [master {Argus}{fit1KJnrQS6QI4PftbbS7g}{127.0.0.1}{127.0.0.1:9300} marked shard as initializing, but shard state is [POST_RECOVERY], mark shard as started]]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

what heap size do you have configured for Elasticsearch?

I havent change that because i dont find a setting in the elasticsearch.config. where do i set that for ubuntu 16.04?
I am usually operating on windows server. A hint where to set that option would be helpful!

found it out myself... its working now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.