Trend chart with nested object

Hi,

I'm wondering if the following is possible without changing my Datamodel (using AWS ES so can't install custom versions either). Whenever I try to aggregate by a nested term I get no results, which I'm guessing is due to the lack of nested object support.

What I want is a line trend chart showing how the SelectedOptoinValues change for each one of these QuestionTitle's changes through time (each day) as surveys are entered. The data in ES looks like:

{
  "_index": "completedsurveys",
  "_type": "completedsurvey",
  "_id": "8",
  "_score": 1,
  "_source": {
    "id": 8,
    "questionResponses": [
      {
        "questionId": 1,
        "questionTitle": "ABC",
        "selectedOptionValue": 5,
      },
      {
        "questionId": 3,
        "questionTitle": "DEF",
        "selectedOptionValue": 2,
      },
      {
        "questionId": 4,
        "questionTitle": "GHI",
        "selectedOptionValue": 5,
      },
    ],
    "cultureCode": "en-US",
    "createdAt": "2019-02-19T05:01:27.695674Z"
  },
  "fields": {
    "createdAt": [
      "2019-02-19T05:01:27.695Z"
    ]
  }
}

Using objects inside of arrays in Kibana is not well supported. If you'd like to accomplish what you've mentioned, you might consider indexing your data in a different format (i.e. one document per response, still with the "id" field).

Can I do that just by creating a new index or do I need to change how the data is submitted?

Sure, you could submit it to a separate index.

Excuse my ignorance with Elastic, but what I'm really asking is, is there a way to just create a new index with the existing data in the cluster, or do I have to re-submit it all?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.