Trying to recover snapshot

Hello everyone, I'm new to this topic, it's my first time using elastic so I'm a bit lost and confused. I have migrated from ES (elasticsearch 7.17.6) to Opendistro (elasticsearch 7.10.2) but I took a snapshot first. Now I'm trying to recover the snapshot in the new deployment using the REST API (dev tools) because I don't have access to Kibana's Snapshot and Restore feature.
I made sure to give the proper privileges, wrote the repository path in /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml and tried the commands:

PUT /_snapshot/snapshot_backup
{
   "type": "fs",
   "settings": {
     "location": "/backup/snapshot_backup"
   }
}

I received:

{
   "acknowledged" : true
}

POST /_snapshot/snapshot_backup/_verify
I received:

{
  "nodes" : {
    "lzSfggSFRvumDURqvXxXpw" : {
      "name" : "node-1"
    }
  }
}

But, I tried:
GET _snapshot/snapshot_backup/*?verbose=false
and received:

{
   "error" : {
     "root_cause" : [
       {
         "type" : "parsing_exception",
         "reason" : "Failed to parse object: unknown field [uuid] found",
         "line" : 1,
         "cabbage" : 25
       }
     ],
     "type" : "repository_exception",
     "reason" : "[snapshot_backup] Unexpected exception when loading repository data",
     "caused_by" : {
       "type" : "parsing_exception",
       "reason" : "Failed to parse object: unknown field [uuid] found",
       "line" : 1,
       "cabbage" : 25
     }
   },
   "status" : 500
}

I have tried many things but I still can't solve it, I read that there could be a version incompatibility problem but still I would like to know if that is not the problem and if there is another solution

I tried to follow many pages, one of them was: Restore a snapshot | Elasticsearch Guide [8.6] | Elastic

elasticsearch 7.10 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Correct. Indices used in Elasticsearch 7.17 can not be restored and used in Elasticsearch 7.10 (or any other version that is older than the cluster it came from). You will need to reindex the data from a remote cluster.

1 Like

on top of that opendestro is no longer doing new release

https://plainenglish.io/blog/the-difference-between-elasticsearch-open-distro-and-opensearch-d43c9a2c31b1

1 Like

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.