TSVB Drill Down using Item URL

Is it possible to access the event context from the "Item URL" optional parameter in the Panel Options screen of TSVB? I need to send the index pattern id from the current context with the resulting URL I am building. It needs to be dynamic so that when code is pushed from development to production, the index id does not need to be re-written in the dashboard object. Using URL Drill downs I accomplish this with the "index:{{context.panel.indexPatternId}}" variable. I want the values themselves to become clickable rather than a context menu opening when the plus or minus filter buttons are clicked within a table row.

I would use TSVB Markdown and manually build the tables but I have a problem with there being no way to link "grouped by" values to a terms split parent value within the Markdown editor. I would like to list the count of sales by aisle, per store as an example. Each row in the table should have linked values that drill down to the underlying events (by store or aisle count). Is this possible in a dashboard or do I have to use Canvas Work Pad?

In the TSVB Markdown editor the variables are named after the field value rather than the key. This will not work for deployment because not every store can see what other stores can. The values will differ and cannot be hard coded.

Hi @Jesse-ECS ,

I checked with the Team and the answer to

Is it possible to access the event context from the "Item URL" optional parameter in the Panel Options screen of TSVB?

is not possible in TSVB. The only thing that can access is the actual value.

I suggest you try completing the task with Canvas as it has powerful functionality and start a separate discussing if something wouldn't work.

Regards, Dzmitry

Thank you Dzmitry, I have opened the following feature requests:

1. Global Access to URL Templating Variables · Issue #93058 · elastic/kibana (github.com)
  2. Dashboard Developer Debug Context Window · Issue #93064 · elastic/kibana (github.com)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.