TTL enabled but logs not expiring

I have TTL enabled, but the logs are not removed when I view them from
Kibana. They still show up, even after their expiration time is over.
Here is the mapping that I get from the API, which clearly shows that the
TTL is enabled with a default value of 1 day:

{"logstash-2013.05.14":{"default":{"_ttl":{"enabled":true,"default":86400000},"properties":{}},"filetype":{"_ttl":{"enabled":true,"default":86400000},"properties":{"@fields":{"properties":{"_second":{"type":"string"},"fiber1":{"type":"string"},"fiber2":{"type":"string"},"hour":{"type":"string"},"message":{"type":"string"},"minute":{"type":"string"},"monthday":{"type":"string"},"monthnum":{"type":"string"},"second":{"type":"string"},"slave":{"type":"string"},"ts":{"type":"string"},"type1":{"type":"string"},"type2":{"type":"string"},"year":{"type":"string"}}},"@message":{"type":"string"},"@source":{"type":"string"},"@source_host":{"type":"string"},"@source_path":{"type":"string"},"@tags":{"type":"string"},"@timestamp":{"type":"date","format":"dateOptionalTime"},"@type":{"type":"string"}}}},"logstash-2013.05.09":{"default":{"_ttl":{"enabled":true,"default":86400000},"properties":{}},"filetype":{"_ttl":{"enabled":true,"default":86400000},"properties":{"@fields":{"properties":{"_second":{"type":"string"},"fiber1":{"type":"string"},"fiber2":{"type":"string"},"hour":{"type":"string"},"message":{"type":"string"},"minute":{"type":"string"},"monthday":{"type":"string"},"monthnum":{"type":"string"},"second":{"type":"string"},"slave":{"type":"string"},"ts":{"type":"string"},"type1":{"type":"string"},"type2":{"type":"string"},"year":{"type":"string"}}},"@message":{"type":"string"},"@source":{"type":"string"},"@source_host":{"type":"string"},"@source_path":{"type":"string"},"@tags":{"type":"string"},"@timestamp":{"type":"date","format":"dateOptionalTime"},"@type":{"type":"string"}}}}}

Where am I going wrong? I am badly stuck here :frowning:

Please give valuable suggestions and help

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.