Two shards stuck INITIALIZING

Hi,

I have a two node cluster, one node ran out of disk space, i have added another disk to path.data:

so disk space is recovered, however the second disk is not being used yet. And two shared are stuck INITIALIZING.

from the elastic search log file.

[internal:index/shard/recovery/file_chunk]]; nested: NotSerializableExceptionWrapper[i_o_exception: No space left on device];
at org.elasticsearch.indices.recovery.RecoveryTarget.doRecovery(RecoveryTarget.java:258)
at org.elasticsearch.indices.recovery.RecoveryTarget.access$1100(RecoveryTarget.java:69)

any idea how to recover from this?

With only 2 nodes in the cluster, any index with 1 replica configured will have a shard on each node. As Elasticsearch does not allocate multiple copies of a shard to the same node, this probably means that it will be hard for data to move around. You could try to set replicas to 0 for a few indices that have replica shards on the node that filled up and then rest it back to 1 again to see if that causes the new disk to get data.

that did the trick :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.