Unable to backup data in mounted location in linux

on running the elasticsearch snapshot query. The data is not getting saved in the file location.

This is a mounted folder and this was mounted using command:

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=qedbuser,password=****,domain=EUR, noprem  //10.60.33.3/ffff/ProductionEnvironment /home/local/EUR/qedbuser/nb/aa/archives/

note: i am able to create a folder inside archives folder but not able to do a backup. I am trying to take backup using the same user as the user.

I am getting the following error.

Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/local/EUR/qedbuser/apigateway/InternalDataStore/archives/default
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:84) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:384) ~[?:?]
at java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Files.java:674) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
at java.nio.file.Files.createAndCheckIsDirectory(Files.java:781) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
at java.nio.file.Files.createDirectories(Files.java:767) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
at org.elasticsearch.common.blobstore.fs.FsBlobStore.(FsBlobStore.java:48) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.4.jar:5.6.4]
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(FsRepository.java:95) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.4.jar:5.6.4]
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesModule.lambda$new$0(RepositoriesModule.java:49) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.4.jar:5.6.4]
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.createRepository(RepositoriesService.java:383) ~[elasticsearch-5.6.4.jar:5.6.4]

It looks like the user that is running elasticsearch has no access to /home/local/EUR/qedbuser/apigateway/InternalDataStore/archives/default

Either mount it as the user elasticsearch runs as or add the elasticsearch to the group that is allowed to write to that directory.

Or run elasticsearch as user:

qedbuser

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.