Unable to create client connection to Elasticsearch. Error: TransportError(401, u'security_exception', u'missing authentication credentials for REST request [/]')

Hi,

i am using elk stack with version 7.1.0 with x-pack
and i want to snapshot the index using curator and when im executing the curator im getting the following errors :

ig ./curator.yml --dry-run
2019-08-26 15:02:25,092 INFO      Preparing Action ID: 1, "snapshot"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vagrant/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "run_curator.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/tmp/curator/curator-4.1.2/curator/curator.py", line 5, in main
  File "/home/vagrant/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
  File "/home/vagrant/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main
  File "/home/vagrant/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
  File "/home/vagrant/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
  File "/tmp/curator/curator-4.1.2/curator/cli.py", line 165, in cli
  File "/tmp/curator/curator-4.1.2/curator/utils.py", line 587, in get_client
elasticsearch.exceptions.ElasticsearchException: Unable to create client connection to Elasticsearch.  Error: TransportError(401, u'security_exception', u'missing authentication credentials for REST request [/]')

command used :

sudo curator ./snapshots.yml --config ./curator.yml --dry-run

and i also tried passing the credentials

sudo curator ./snapshots.yml --config ./curator.yml -u vamsi:qolsys --dry-run

errors :

Error: no such option: -u

Please help me solve it.

Please see: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/curator/5.8/configfile.html#http_auth

Thanks @ikakavas for the reply,

i have made the changes in curator.yml accordingly
but i'm getting the following version incompactable error.

Please help me solve it.

Error:

File "/tmp/curator/curator-4.1.2/curator/utils.py", line 587, in get_client
elasticsearch.exceptions.ElasticsearchException: Unable to create client connection to Elasticsearch.  Error: Elasticsearch version 7.1.1 incompatible with this version of Curator (7.1.1)

You hit a very old Curator bug with that one. I see this from your first report:

Upgrade Curator to version 5.7.6, and then report back.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.