Unable to create index and insert data?

hey Guys ,

I am trying to index data from hive into elasticsearch , however when i ran the below query , there is no error and index is not created in elasticsearch.

create external table es_names_text (employeeid int,firstname string,title string,state string,laptop string) STORED BY 'org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler' TBLPROPERTIES('es.resource' = 'es_names_text/employee', 'es.nodes'='localhost','es.port'='9200','es.index.auto.create' = 'true') ;

It is a single node cluster Also if i try to insert data into this , below snippet is show indefinitely

Total jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator

Also i have not created index explicitly on elasticsearch.

please let me know how to create it and insert data without waiting for mr job to execute.

edit note:- elasticsearch and hadoop and hive are on the same machine but are on installed using different user id's. Hadoop and hive in login A and elasticsearch on login B. does this affect hive connecting to elasticsearch ?

HI team,

I have already solved the above problem. the es.nodes was set to localhost and it was not set in /etc/hosts file. Also we need to increase the ulimit size so that the job is fast.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.