Unable to create snapshots

My cluster is on elasticsearch 2.3, with 3 data nodes and 2 none data nodes, on the data nodes, I setup the NFS mount and added the data.repo to the elasticsearch.yml file. when I issue
PUT /_snapshot/my_backup
{
"type": "fs",
"settings": {
"location": "/mount/esbackup/"
}
}
I got following in return. I am wonder whether I should mount the NFS folder on the nodes that have no data, or is there anything else I need to check.
Thanks for your help.

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "repository_exception",
"reason": "[my_backup] failed to create repository"
}
],
"reason": "[my_backup] failed to create repository",
"caused_by": {
"type": "creation_exception",
"reason": "Guice creation errors:\n\n1) Error injecting constructor, RepositoryException[[my_backup] location [/mount/esbackup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo]\n at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\n\n1 error",
"caused_by": {
"reason": "[my_backup] location [/mount/esbackup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo"
}
}
},
"status": 500
}

Did you mean path.repo?

yes. Sorry

You need to add this on all nodes and restart your nodes.

I added the mounting point on every node, checked the file path is accessible, added path:repo to elasticsearch.yml, also restart elasticsearch on every node with no luck. looking at the /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log, it says the same error.
[2017-04-20 05:52:27,041][WARN ][repositories ] [node-aphdp27] failed to create repository [fs][my_backup]
org.elasticsearch.common.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:

1. Error injecting constructor, RepositoryException[[my_backup] location [/mount/esbackup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo]
    at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)
    while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository
    while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository

1 error
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:360)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorBuilder.injectDynamically(InjectorBuilder.java:178)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:110)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl.createChildInjector(InjectorImpl.java:157)

double check again there was a mistype in my mounting point, so repo is configured ok after the typo correction.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.