Unable to get elasticsearch work with camel

Hi Team,

I am doing a very small POC on camel-elasticsearch. Things look smooth as i debug through and there are no error or exceptions seen on the camel side. Even after code execution complete, i do not see the json getting indexed.

I see below in the ES logs

[2018-03-09 16:16:41,904][INFO ][cluster.service          ] [Bova] added {[Gypsy
 Moth][QZKzdF9dTMinhOmfaeT56g][INLTD12185][inet[/192.168.0.102:9301]]{data=false
, local=false},}, reason: zen-disco-receive(join from node[[Gypsy Moth][QZKzdF9d
TMinhOmfaeT56g][INLTD12185][inet[/192.168.0.102:9301]]{data=false, local=false}]
)
[2018-03-09 16:16:44,361][INFO ][cluster.service          ] [Bova] removed {[Gyp
sy Moth][QZKzdF9dTMinhOmfaeT56g][INLTD12185][inet[/192.168.0.102:9301]]{data=fal
se, local=false},}, reason: zen-disco-node_left([Gypsy Moth][QZKzdF9dTMinhOmfaeT
56g][INLTD12185][inet[/192.168.0.102:9301]]{data=false, local=false})

which i guess is the node leaving teh cluster? is it something to worry about?
Any pointers pr suggestion

Thanks.

(David Pilato) #2

Don't know what camel-elasticsearch is or does but I assume that it starts a node which joins and leave.

May be you could share more of your code or what you are doing?

Thanks for responding David.
so camel-elasticsearch is an Apache Camel's(Open source integration framework) elasticsearch component so as to enable indexing in ES via Camel middleware.

public void configure() {
        from("file:/D:/ighs/product?fileName=product.json")
        .convertBodyTo(String.class)
        . to("elasticsearch:/elasticsearch?operation=INDEX&indexName=devika&indexType=dev&ip=127.0.0.1&port=9300");
      .to("file:/D:/ighs/testnew/?fileName=product.json");

}
the code is very much specific to camel and i have posted this question in camel forum as well.
But what i wished to understand was why does the ES node gets added and removed and then I dont see anything getting indexed at all? (No errors /exceptions seen in logs)

(David Pilato) #4

Please don't put spaces in front of your text.
It gives a bad rendering.

Anyway, that's indeed probably then a question better to ask camel user group.

ya have done that, no luck yet. What i wished to understand here was, what those lines of logs mean?
As you mentioned, a node joins and leave, can that be the reason i am not able to see newly created index?

(David Pilato) #6

No I don't think so.
But I have no idea of what Camel is doing so I don't think I can be any help here unless you explain what Camel is doing exactly, what kind of API are called...

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.