Unable to get property '__data__' of undefined or null reference (http://xxxxxxxxx.xxx.com:5601/bundles/kibana.bundle.js?v=15443:111)

I am able to start all the below services and forward the logs from Filebeat->Logstash->Elasticsearch

I could see the logs are loading in Kibana, however, when I try to mouse hover the vertical bars in the attached kibana dashboard I am getting "

Unable to get property '__ data__' of undefined or null reference

" error

Please see the attached error. Could someone please help me on this!!

my log files (neither ES not Kibana log) are not showing any information related to this issue.

Environment:
elasticsearch-5.5.2
kibana-5.5.2
logstash-5.5.2

any help here pls?

Hi @aswinkumart,

so you are seeing the fatal error screen when you try to hover over one of the bars in the discover app histogram? I just tried that in a fresh 5.5.2 installation and could not reproduce it in the Chrome browser.

• Which browser are you using?
  • Does that also occur when you deactivate all installed browser plugins?
  • Do you have any Kibana plugins installed?

Hello Felix,
Thanks for responding. Please find my answer here:

Which browser are you using?  - **I am using IE 11**
Does that also occur when you deactivate all installed browser plugins? - **Yes, I disabled all plugins and tried again but no luck**
Do you have any Kibana plugins installed? - **No I don't have Kibana plugin installed**

Thank you for providing the details. I have confirmed that it is the same error specific to Internet Explorer 11 as described in https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/13622 and added that information to the issue. You can track its resolution over on GitHub. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes for you.

I can also confirm this in IE 11.0.9600.18763 with Kibana 5.5.2.

And it's working in FF 55.0.3 (64bit).

Thanks for confirming and commenting on the issue!

I have the same issue with IE 11.1198.14393.0
It is OK with FF 58.0a1 (I know it is alpha version but definitely my favorite) and Chrome 56.0.2924.87

After the error I've started using FF for Kibana.

I've now retested it with Kibana 5.6.3 and it's fixed. So I recommend that you upgrade it.

5.5.3 is OK for this bug but has another issues :frowning:
So, we prefer to sacrifice IE and stay in 5.5.2

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.