Unable to get rid off error: "Visualize: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default."

Hi guys,
I recently started a new setup of ELK stack based on version 5.1. Everything went smoothly except for the visualization section on Kibana. Whenever I try to create something (like a visual of beat.name), I get the error message:

Visualize: Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [beat.name] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory.

I'm currently using filebeat to ship all my log messages, and I've checked the official documentation and came across this link: fielddata | Elasticsearch Guide [5.0] | Elastic

I tried to apply it on my setup but I just can't figure out what exactly to put in the curl statement to reflect this change on logs. What should I relpace "/my_index/_mapping/my_type" with?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Any helps guys?

May be look if you already have an index template.
If so, remove it or update it.

Have a look at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/current/filebeat-template.html

I'm moving your question to #beats:filebeat forum even though your specific question was about elasticsearch. I think it's more a question about integration between filebeat and elasticsearch here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.