Unable to install Custom Realm for X-Pack Extension

Hi!

(I am aware that there is another topic similar if not the exact same issue, but there were no replies to it... )

I am currently trying to install a custom realm using the 'bin/x-pack/extension install' command, and I'm running across this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /some-path-here/x-pack/extensions/.installing-4305830147869408659/x-pack-extension-descriptor.properties
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:361)
at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:407)
at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:384)
at java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:152)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.XPackExtensionInfo.readFromProperties(XPackExtensionInfo.java:59)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.InstallXPackExtensionCommand.verify(InstallXPackExtensionCommand.java:163)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.InstallXPackExtensionCommand.install(InstallXPackExtensionCommand.java:204)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.InstallXPackExtensionCommand.execute(InstallXPackExtensionCommand.java:114)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.InstallXPackExtensionCommand.execute(InstallXPackExtensionCommand.java:101)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:67)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:69)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.xpack.extensions.XPackExtensionCli.main(XPackExtensionCli.java:36)

My custom realm zip file hierarchy is as follows:
customRealm.zip

• build/resources/main/x-pack-extension-descriptor.properties
  • customRealm.jar
  • other jar files that are needed

I am not able to build this project with Gradle (as we use Ant on the baseline), so I'm trying to emulate with Ant what Gradle may be doing. We are also using version 5.6.3 here and won't be upgrading anytime soon. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my file structure is incorrect such that it is causing issues at installation? I've tried it both ways, with the properties file in build/resources/main subdirectory as well as up at the top-level next to the jar files, but no luck. Please help!!

Check to see how you're creating the .zip file. Using tar will cause this error, but using zip seems to work much better.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.