Unable to load CSV data into elastic search

Hi Team,
Trying elasticsearch for the first time, bear with my layman questions. I'm trying to load csv formatted data into kafka topic and eventual load into elastic search index. But i'm facing errors loading data from my topic into elasticsearch. Any thoughts on this? appreciate the help.

Cannot create mapping {"kafka-connect":{"type":"text","fields":{"keyword":{"type":"keyword","ignore_above":256}}}} -- {"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [type : text] [fields : {keyword={type=keyword, ignore_above=256}}]"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: [type : text] [fields : {keyword={type=keyword, ignore_above=256}}]"}

How is the topic sending data to Elasticsearch?

using open source confluent version of kafka and i'm executing below command to load into elasticsearch.

./bin/connect-standalone etc/kafka/connect-standalone.properties etc/kafka-connect-elasticsearch/quickstart-elasticsearch.properties &

hope this helps you

Used Logstash and it worked pretty seamlessly, thank you for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.