Unable to send emails from Watcher Service

Hello,

I'm using ELK 6.5 currently vetting out the Platinum Trial (Xpack) and am attempting to send notifications using the Watcher service. When trying to send a 'test' email from Kibana, the following error message is generated:

"[cluster_block_exception] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];"

Similar issues suggest this problem may be generated by low disk space, but the data nodes in our cluster have been cleaned to ensure we are far below the problematic threshold (currently only sitting around 12% memory usage). Our cluster is currently in a 'green' state with all shards having already been allocated. What else might cause this issue?

Jared

This block really only comes about through low disk space, but the block is not automatically cleared when the disk space is freed. The link above includes instructions on how to clear this block when you have brought your disk usage under control and are ready to continue indexing.

You can use

GET _settings?filter_path=**.read_only_allow_delete

to find out which indices are affected by this

1 Like

Thank you for your responses. I completed the steps above, and now show that all of my indices have read_only_allow_delete set to false. However, my error is still present and has not been resolved. I still show

[cluster_block_exception] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];

Whenever an email is about to be sent.

Please advise.

can you paste the response of the above command and in addition also put the response of GET _settings in a gist or pastebin (NOTE: This might contain sensitive data, so check before putting it in a gist)

Thanks.

Are you able to provide an email for me to send that data? It's 28,000 lines and pastebin will not allow that quantity of data for standard users.

Thanks,

Jared

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.