Unable to set custom analyzer on text field

Hi,

I'm trying to define a custom analyzer for use on a 'text' type field in Elasticsearch 6.3. At index creation time at get an error on the form:

Caused by: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=Mapping definition for [myFulltextField] has unsupported parameters: [analyser : myAnalyzer]]]
at org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException.innerFromXContent(ElasticsearchException.java:510)
at org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException.fromXContent(ElasticsearchException.java:421)
at org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException.innerFromXContent(ElasticsearchException.java:451)
at org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException.failureFromXContent(ElasticsearchException.java:617)
at org.elasticsearch.rest.BytesRestResponse.errorFromXContent(BytesRestResponse.java:169)
... 29 more

I've tried to trim the definition to a bare minimum to see if incompatible options was the problem:

{
"settings": {
"analysis": {
"analyser": {
"myAnalyzer": {
"tokenizer": "standard"
}
}
}
},
"mappings": {
"doc": {
"myFulltextField": {
"type": "text",
"analyser": "myAnalyzer"
},
}
}
}

Any suggestion as to what is going wrong?

Change analyser by analyzer. I guess that should work better.

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/analysis-custom-analyzer.html

OMG.... I've looked at that and the documentation so many times.... Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.