Unable to start Elastic search when i delete jar from lang-mustache and place it in lib

Im getting below error

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Plugin [lang-mustache] must reference a class loader local Plugin class [org.elasticsearch.script.mustache.MustachePlugin] (class loader [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@55f96302])
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.loadBundle(PluginsService.java:640)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.loadBundles(PluginsService.java:473)
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.<init>(PluginsService.java:165)
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:328)
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:277)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$5.<init>(Bootstrap.java:227)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:227)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:393)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:170)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:161)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:127)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:126)
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:92)
For complete error details, refer to the log at E:\Elastic\elasticsearch-7.9.0-windows-x86_64\elasticsearch-7.9.0\logs\elasticsearch.log

Hello Rakesh,

The error message is clear: Plugin [lang-mustache] must reference a class loader local Plugin class. The library you moved is expected to be in the module directory.

Why would you want to move the library from the module to the lib directory?

Best regards
Wolfram

I'm using custom plugin to parse mustache template

so if i dont move jar to lib my elastic crashes

This is happening after i migrated from 7.0.0 to 7.9.0 same is working in 7.0.0

Also if i dont move mustache jar to lib im facing below error

nel{localAddress=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:9200, remoteAddress=/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:52832}
java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/elasticsearch/script/mustache/SearchTemplateRequestBuilder
        at org.elasticsearch.http.netty4.Netty4HttpRequestHandler.exceptionCaught(Netty4HttpRequestHandler.java:56) [transport-netty4-client-7.9.0.jar:7.9.0]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:302) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:381) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at org.elasticsearch.http.netty4.Netty4HttpPipeliningHandler.channelRead(Netty4HttpPipeliningHandler.java:58) [transport-netty4-client-7.9.0.jar:7.9.0]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103) [netty-codec-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]
        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379) [netty-transport-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.