Unable to start ElasticSearch 6.3

Hi,

I downloaded the elasticsearch msi installer, service is installed but I am unable to start the service. I tried command line to start the service (.\elasticsearch.exe) it gives following error.

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Cannot open file logs/gc.log due to No such file or directory

I tried to run the service directly from Service Manager and its throwing exception. Event viewer shows following error:

Application: elasticsearch.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: Elastic.ProcessHosts.Process.StartupException at Elastic.ProcessHosts.Process.ProcessBase.HandleException(System.Exception) at System.Reactive.ObserverBase1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnError(System.Exception) at System.Reactive.Observer1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnError(System.Exception) at System.Reactive.Linq.ObservableImpl.AsObservable1+_[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnError(System.Exception) at System.Reactive.AutoDetachObserver1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnErrorCore(System.Exception) at System.Reactive.ObserverBase1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnError(System.Exception) at Elastic.ProcessHosts.Process.ObservableProcess+<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<CreateProcessExitSubscription>b__0(System.Reactive.EventPattern1<System.Object>) at System.Reactive.AnonymousSafeObserver`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnNext(System.__Canon) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Diagnostics.Process.OnExited() at System.Diagnostics.Process.RaiseOnExited() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(System.Object, Boolean).

Thank you,
Ranjeet

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.