Unable to start Kibana

Hi,
I have Kibana 4.4. Today, I installed most of the Kibana plugins from this site:

However, I have not been able to start Kibana since. I removed Timeline and Sankey from Kibana but that didn't help. Here are the lines from the log. Anyone knows why this is happening? Thanks!!

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-04-01T19:55:50+00:00","tags":["info","optimize"],"pid":5290,"message":"Optimizing and caching bundles for kibana and statusPage. This may take a few minutes"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2016-04-01T19:56:46+00:00","tags":["fatal"],"pid":5290,"level":"fatal","message":"EACCES, open '/opt/kibana/optimize/bundles/3.3.bundle.js'","error":{"message":"EACCES, open '/opt/kibana/optimize/bundles/3.3.bundle.js'","name":"Error","stack":"Error: EACCES, open '/opt/kibana/optimize/bundles/3.3.bundle.js'\n at Error (native)","code":"EACCES"}}

Have you checked the file permissions? I would also recommend installing the plugins as you need them.

Thanks Tyler, I modified the permission on the "kibana" user and Kibana is up now. Not sure why this wasn't an issue before.

However, now I'm getting this error on elasticsearch
[2016-04-01 18:12:36,119][INFO ][rest.suppressed ] /myindex/cols/_count Params: {}
ElasticsearchSecurityException[unable to authenticate user [myuser] for REST request [/myindex/cols/_count]]

I am using Shield and authentication was working fine until now. I removed the user, added it back, but still can no longer access this particular node via CURL. Other node is working fine with same user/password. Can Kibana issue cause this? Thanks a lot!

What version of Kibana are you upgrading from? Did you also upgrade ElasticSearch? If so from what version did you upgrade to?

It sounds like this issue might happen if plugins are installed before Kibana has successfully been started for the first time.

Try this:

chown kibana:kibana /opt/kibana/optimize/.babelcache.json

Thanks Tyler,
I am using 4.4, I didn't upgrade. I just wanted to install those plugins and tried to restart kibana after installing them. Yes, chown kibana:kibana on entire "opt" folder helped with the initial issue but now I am suddenly facing auth issue with elasticsearch. The node has been running for a month with basic auth without any problem until today. I'm not sure if kibana problem will break it.

I am thinking to just launch another node and shut down this one though.

Thanks!
B

What do you have for your kabana.yml? Do you have elasticsearch.username and elasticsearch.password set?

Yes I do. I filled configs below out. It's been working fine for a month now until today.
elasticsearch.username: "putUsername_Here"
elasticsearch.password: "putPasswordHere"

Thanks a lot!
B

I ended up taking down that node and added another one. Thanks for all of the help though!