Unable to take snapshot

Hi All,

I created a read only repository pointing my bitbucket repo.I tried to create snapshot but it gives the following error.

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "not_x_content_exception",
"reason": "Compressor detection can only be called on some xcontent bytes or compressed xcontent bytes"
}
],
"type": "not_x_content_exception",
"reason": "Compressor detection can only be called on some xcontent bytes or compressed xcontent bytes"
},
"status": 500
}

I dont know which mapping has gone wrong here.

Hi @Gayathri.Srivathsan

what's your exact repository settings, i.e. how did you create the repository?

What plugin did you use here? Bitbucket is a version control system, to my knowledge there is no repository plugin for it (and frankly I don't see how one would make sense).
Also, a read-only repository will not allow you to take snapshots it only allows reading/restoring from it as the name suggests :slight_smile:

HI,
I wanted to push my backup data directly to bitbucket. Is it possible in shared repository. Can I give the URL in path.repo

@Gayathri.Srivathsan not that won't be possible. You need to provide a shared file system path that is seen by all your nodes for path.repo when using the fs repository, you can't run against arbitrary GIT/HTTP endpoints.
A version control system is not suitable for storing the potentially large files generated by the Elasticsearch snapshot functionality to begin with. You can either snapshot to a shared file system, HDFS or one of our supported cloud storage backends as an alternative.

@Armin_Braun

Okay . Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.