Understanding the Impacts of Manual Operations on Elasticsearch Indices Controlled by ILM

Hey Elasticsearch enthusiasts!

I'm currently exploring the possibilities of implementing Index Lifecycle Management (ILM) in Elasticsearch. As I delve into this feature, a question has been lingering in my mind: What happens if I decide to manually delete an index or change its phase when it is under the control of ILM?

While I haven't started using ILM yet, I'm keen to understand the potential consequences of manual operations on indices governed by ILM. Specifically, I'm curious about scenarios like altering the phase of an index, deleting an index manually, or modifying replica settings. Could these actions lead to errors or unexpected behaviors when I start implementing ILM?

If you have experience with Elasticsearch and ILM, or if you've faced similar concerns during your journey with this powerful search and analytics engine, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Whether it's tips, best practices, or cautionary tales, your expertise could be invaluable in shaping my decision to seamlessly integrate ILM into my Elasticsearch workflow.

Thanks in advance for your contributions! :rocket:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.