Unexpected docvalues type NONE for field '_parent'

Hi,

I am migrating to Elastic Search 5.2.2 from 2.3.1, we have successfully migrated index from 2.3.1 to 5.2.2 through Snapshot and Restore.

When I am trying to update Index on 5.2.2 with updated data I am getting following error:

failed to index documents because of : |#]
Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed; shardFailures {[ZFNfzGaFQ0adNxn7v389bw][idx_1494326457350][0]: RemoteTransportException[[xxxx4][1.0.0.24:3457][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]]; nested: QueryPhaseExecutionException[Query Failed [Failed to execute main query]]; nested: IllegalStateException[unexpected docvalues type NONE for field '_parent' (expected one of [SORTED, SORTED_SET]). Re-index with correct docvalues type.]; }

{[TXNUeKB-SbqbiT7exb8jZQ][idx_1494326457350][1]: RemoteTransportException[[xxxx3][1.0.0.25:3457][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]]; nested: QueryPhaseExecutionException[Query Failed [Failed to execute main query]]; nested: IllegalStateException[unexpected docvalues type NONE for field '_parent' (expected one of [SORTED, SORTED_SET]). Re-index with correct docvalues type.]; }

Not able to figure out if its able to read Index or there is issue with "docvalues type NONE for field"

Thanks,
Amit Sinha.

There were changes to parent/child between 2.X and 5.X including moving the P/C relationships to doc values.

Did you run the migration checker?

Can you refer me the specific doc about P/C relationship between 2.x to 5.x here because I could not find it?

Thanks for response.
I Ran Migration Checker on 2.3.1: Following are output.

Plugins : Green
Cluster Settings: Green
Node Settings : Green
Cluster Checkup: Blue
Indices

• xxx_es_idx_1494326457350
    Mappings
    Parent field no longer accessible in queries
    [part]:_parent

Reindex Helper :
No indices exist which require reindexing.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.