Unknown setting [index.lifecycl.parse_origination_date]

I wan to reindex my old index.If i do reindexing it will create new index and the old index which should be deleted on 30 days of rollover (that time) and new index will delete after 30 days even if delete old index manually.

PUT %3Clog-wlb-sysmon-reindex-%7Bnow%2Fd%7D-000008%3E
{
"aliases": {
   "log-wlb-sysmon": {
      "is_write_index": false
   }
 }
 , "settings": {
   "index.lifecycl.parse_origination_date":true
 }
}
{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
        "reason" : "unknown setting [index.lifecycl.parse_origination_date] did you mean any of [index.lifecycle.parse_origination_date, index.lifecycle.origination_date]?"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
    "reason" : "unknown setting [index.lifecycl.parse_origination_date] did you mean any of [index.lifecycle.parse_origination_date, index.lifecycle.origination_date]?"
  },
  "status" : 400
}

I want that my new index will be delete automatically like if we 30 days earlier and it has 5 days remain then it should be deleted after 5 days not to complete 30 days

Hey!

Looks like a missing e in lifecycle in index.lifecycl.parse_origination_date to me, as mentioned in the error. Or is it not working as expected, if you fix this?

it worked for me but this is not the case what i expected
Basically my aim is reindex the data but the index that i am reindexing is 1 day old and it has ilm property like hot warm delete phase so this one day old index was in warm phase and it is going to be deleted on next days
So when i reindex the data to new index which has the same mapping in template ,this new index should be warm phase it should be deleted on next day but in this case this new index is warm phase and it is going to be delete on next 2 days it should be warm phase and deleted on next day

i want that this new index should work like old index.
so i tried this

PUT %3Clog-wlb-sysmon-reindex-%7Bnow%2Fd%7D-000029%3E

{
"aliases": {
   "log-wlb-sysmon": {
   }
 }
 , "settings": {
   "number_of_replicas": 0,
   "index.lifecycle.parse_origination_date":true
 }
}

which give me this information in log entry
illegal_argument_exception: index [log-wlb-sysmon-reindex-2021.07.30-000029] is not the write index for alias [log-wlb-sysmon]
after that performed this step

POST _aliases
{
  "actions": [
    {
      "add": {
        "index": "log-wlb-sysmon-2021.07.29-000029",
        "alias": "log-wlb-sysmon",
      }
    }, {
      "add": {
        "index": "log-wlb-sysmon-reindex-2021.07.30-000029",
        "alias": "log-wlb-sysmon",
        "is_write_index": true
      }
    }
  ]
}

then last i did this

POST _reindex?max_docs=1437456&wait_for_completion=false
{
  "source": {
    "index": "log-wlb-sysmon-2021.07.29-000029"
  }
  , "dest": {
    "index": "log-wlb-sysmon-reindex-2021.07.30-000029"
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.