Unnest Exceptions

Hi,

i get this error recorded by the APM-Agent.

Could not open Jcr Session; nested exception is javax.jcr.LoginException: Workspace access denied

i've set this in my properties file:

unnest_exceptions

and i also tried:

unnest_exceptions=*nested*excpetion

but it seems like the exception is not unnested. How should it look like, and what is the correct config for this case?

APM Agent language and version:
Java 1.4.0

(Eyal Koren) #2

In order to unnest, you need to specify the class name of the Exception you want to unnest. So, if you want to unnest this javax.jcr.LoginException, your setting should be unnest_exceptions=javax.jcr.LoginException or any usage of pattern as described in the docs.

I changed it to unnest_exceptions=javax.jcr.LoginException but it looks and behaves the same.

How should it become visible in the gui that the exception is now unnested?

(Eyal Koren) #4

Is javax.jcr.LoginException the nested one, or the nesting one? I can't say as I didn't get your full logs, but it should be the nesting Exception.

Here is the full stacktrace (unneeded things away 7k limit). When i get it correctly the filter should be javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException then?

2019-03-25 14:17:11,852 [SEVERE ] 00000000 Servlet.service() for servlet [GenericServlet] in context with path [/analysis-ci] threw exception (org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/analysis-ci].[GenericServlet]: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke) 
org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: Could not open Jcr Session; nested exception is javax.jcr.LoginException: Workspace access denied
	at org.springframework.extensions.jcr.SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:121)
	at ...
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:790)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1459)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: javax.jcr.LoginException: Workspace access denied
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:1529)
	at org.pentaho.platform.repository2.unified.jcr.sejcr.NoCachePentahoJcrSessionFactory.getSession(NoCachePentahoJcrSessionFactory.java:44)
	at org.pentaho.platform.repository2.unified.jcr.sejcr.GuavaCachePoolPentahoJcrSessionFactory.getSession(GuavaCachePoolPentahoJcrSessionFactory.java:145)
	at org.pentaho.platform.repository2.unified.jcr.sejcr.CredentialsStrategySessionFactory.getSession(CredentialsStrategySessionFactory.java:364)
	at org.springframework.extensions.jcr.SessionFactoryUtils.doGetSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:87)
	at org.springframework.extensions.jcr.SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(SessionFactoryUtils.java:119)
	... 77 more
Caused by: javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: Not allowed to access Workspace default
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.DefaultAccessManager.init(DefaultAccessManager.java:159)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.DefaultSecurityManager.getAccessManager(DefaultSecurityManager.java:280)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.createAccessManager(SessionImpl.java:358)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:273)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:239)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.<init>(XASessionImpl.java:101)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createSessionInstance(RepositoryImpl.java:1613)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createSession(RepositoryImpl.java:956)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:1501)
	... 82 more

(Eyal Koren) #6

Looks like the unnesting should be done on org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException in order to get you the javax.jcr.LoginException. You can not go deeper than that, though, it is only one level.

Thanks now its working.

(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.