Update documents based on other updates

Hi :wave:

I have two indices where one of them potentially contains several million documents (let us say index "installation") and the other one only a few hundreds (index "product" for now). Now, I want to update some of the "installation"s if there was an update in one of the "product"s. The updated "product" has a field called "latest_version" whose value needs to be updated in the "installation"s field "product_latest_version" that contains the old "latest_version" value.

I can do this manually with the Update API, searching for all "installation"s with "product_latest_version" matching "1.2.3" and updating the field to "1.2.4" (as an example), but I would like to automate this as much as possible with Elasticsearch built-in tools. I was looking for something like stored procedures that can be triggered based on an update event in any of the "product"s. It's important to know that I can only make use of the BASIC license features.

Many thanks for any advice on this use case.

-- Cheers, Nils

There's nothing like this native to Elasticsearch sorry to say. You'd need to handle it in your code outside of Elasticsearch.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.